- Timeseries-oriented software, with flexible databanks. Very suitable for modelling and data revision programs.
- Annual, quarters, months and undated frequencies supported, more to come. Conversions between these are in-built.
- Dynamically loaded and compiled models, including failsafe mode.
- Gauss and Newton solvers, with ordering and
feedback logic. Fair-Taylor or Newton-Fair-Taylor solver for forward-looking models. Any number of simultaneous goals/means
- In-built equation browser, with
integrated variable list.
- Decomposition/tracking of changes in model equations.
- Lists, values, dates, strings, etc., including many functions dealing with these.
- Matrix calculations, including construction, addition, multiplication, inversion, etc. etc.
- User-defined functions.
- Strict language syntax (via in-built ANTLR parser), with loops, conditionals etc.
- Graphics by means of embedded gnuplot
- Interface to the free open-souce R package for econometrics, data mining etc.
- Seasonal correction (X12A)
- Tabelling and menu system, outputting in text, html or Excel
- Read/write from Excel or other spreadsheets. Formats like tsd, prn, csv supported.
by Statistics Denmark, Ministry of
Finance, Ministry for Economic Affairs, Danish Energy Agency, Technical University of Denmark, universities and more.
- Easy installation by means of a all-inclusive Windows installer, or manually by means of a zip-file with gekko.exe etc.
source. No licenses to compilers etc. -- everything used is C#/.NET (+
gnuplot, 7zip and x12a). So everything is open-source, and therefore free of