- Timeseries-oriented software, with flexible databanks. Very suitable for modelling and data revision programs.
- Annual, quarters, months and undated frequencies supported, more to come. Conversions between these are in-built.
- Dynamically loaded and compiled models, including failsafe mode.
- Gauss and Newton solvers, with ordering and
feedback logic. Fair-Taylor solver for forward-looking models (stacked Newton coming soon). Any number of simultaneous goals/means
- In-built equation browser, with
integrated variable list.
- Decomposition/tracking of changes in model equations.
- Double precision, missing values handled consistently.
- Lists, values, dates, strings, etc. are integrated, including many functions dealing with these.
- Matrix calculations are implemented, including construction, addition, multiplication, inversion, etc. etc.
- Expressions accepted anywhere: in print, plot, etc. Functions and procedures can be defined.
- Strict language syntax (via in-built ANTLR parser), with loops, conditionals etc.
- Graphics by means of embedded gnuplot
- Tabelling and menu system, outputting in text, html or Excel
- Read/write from Excel or other spreadsheets. Formats like tsd, prn, csv supported.
by Statistics Denmark, Ministry of
Finance, Ministry for Economic Affairs, Danish Energy Agency, Technical University of Denmark, universities and more.
- Easy installation by means of a all-inclusive Windows installer, or manually by means of a zip-file with gekko.exe etc.
source. No licenses to compilers etc. -- everything used is C#/.NET (+
gnuplot and 7zip). So everything is open-source, and therefore free of